Cribb, Stephen; Cribb, Julie
Whisky on the Rocks
Geological Survey, ISBN 0-85272-290-7, GBP 6.50, First Published 1998, 72 Pages, 20
x 21 cm, Paperback
· Glenlivet drains the roots of the great collision
· Royal Lochnagar springs from the heart of the granite
· Glenmorangie taps into the fossils of the Orcadian basin
· Talisker plumbs the depths of the fiery volcano
· Bruichladdich milks the exotic rocks from South America
Malt whisky distilleries use local waters which have percolated through the ancient rocks of Scotland whose origins may lie in a great continental collision, huge granite masses, the earliest fishy seas, great fiery volcanoes or as far away as South America.
Using over one hundred original watercolours by Richard Bell, Stephen and Julie Cribb are your guides to the origins of the water of life on your tour of the famous malt whisky distilleries of Scotland.